The Vanilla Minecraft Cauldron

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Elevatator

The Vanilla Minecraft Cauldron

Post by Elevatator »

The Vanilla Minecraft Cauldron, wich can hold in water and is guilty for the renaming of the mod Cauldron into Stewing pot, is with the Hardcore Bucket-mode totally useless.
You can´t fill it with water.
So my suggestion is: Why don´t let the cauldron fill up by water wich flows from above into it? And make the glass bottles only fill up with water by the cauldron? (because the "normal" water in lakes and so is too dirty)
What do you think?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
DaveYanakov

Re: The Vanilla Minecraft Cauldron

Post by DaveYanakov »

Yes you can fill it with water. It's completely useless without hardcore bucket mode. HCB allows you to direct a stream into your brewing room, fill a bucket from the flowing water and then dump it into a cauldron to fill your bottles. With vanilla buckets, you dump a source block and you're done.

Using the cauldron to automate the brewing process would be a very clunky way to do things so I doubt we'll see this happen.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: The Vanilla Minecraft Cauldron

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Yes you can fill it with water.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't really believe that claim by the OP, but also am occupied right now and didn't want to test it out for myself.

To the OP: Please refrain from making additional suggestions for awhile. This one and the other you just posted are rather questionable.