rope bridges no Gravity required (now with rope ladders).

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
the_fodder

rope bridges no Gravity required (now with rope ladders).

Post by the_fodder »

I was going to hijack this thread instead of making my own on the same subject but I think my version needs a fresh start and not be held back by 'a non descriptive title created by a user with a single post not to mention that 2 posts /115 view ratio wasn't helping it none.

I know everyone has been asking about rope bridges or ziplines or some funky thing that FC would have to code for gravity or physics making sure he don't rip a hole in the space time continuum. but WE ARE OVER COMPLICATING IT. We don't need a bridge to sway in the breeze or break if the line gets cut (but reenacting temple of doom would be fun on a multiplayer). but I digress. We want a thin cool looking way to get from point A to point B that is not a straight line.

rope bridge
Block that is 1/4 high (hatch height) using the OMNIslab code the block could be associated to the top or bottom section of the block area. This gives the player freedom to make the long swooping bridges look with out the gaps or bulges that the halfslab/block combo gives and FC doesn't have to add gravity for a single item:). Hell just add omniblock code to the hatch that would give the same effect with out taking a block id.

1:Interesting methods of movement fitting the vMC+btw playstyples without breaking the game.
2:It is K.I.S.S. - 'look ma no gravity'.
3:use as a rope ladder - Using rope logic if you click on an anchor with the rope bridge in hand it will keep adding to the ladder until you reach ground, giving you a free standing ladder that has 180 degrees of usage unlike the default.
4:uses existing "logic/code" FC already build for BTW - no need to recreate the wheel.
5:additional use for rope and corner blocks. (I know rule #3)
6:Extra points if you could load the pulley with them-- may be require a double-pulley? (I know FC don't want to touch the code, that's why this is extra credit.)

NOTE: I don't know how interchangeable code is so I have tried to avoid using "simply this or Simply that" but still want to point out out similarities in the request to what has been done with the vMC code in the past.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: rope bridges no Gravity required (now with rope ladders)

Post by FlowerChild »

the_fodder wrote:NOTE: I don't know how interchangeable code is so I have tried to avoid using "simply this or Simply that"

the_fodder wrote:Hell just add omniblock code to the hatch that would give the same effect with out taking a block id.
You didn't succeed :)

Block id's don't work like that man. You'd need a new one for something like this.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

yeah. I knew I would fail in some part of the description, I am having a real "they are adjusting my meds" type of day you should see my bathroom its spotless. remember the old saying .... when life gives you lemons, at least you know FC saw your post :).

What I was trying to say; Instead of creating a new ropebridge block continue to modify the hatch to give it the properties of the bridge.

Pro: can continue up a ladder that has hatches separating the floors.
Con:funkiness of opening hatches in the middle of a bridge. (could be fun for redstone traps)
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

How much functionality would a rope bridge have? its not like we don't have 100s of blocks that will function the same as a bridge. Sure aesthetically it's nice, but cost vs benefit I really don't see it worth it.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

<.< I don't get why you can't just use the zipline mod. It's compatible with BTW, has everything you want, and doesn't add a heap of other useless crap.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

grimper12341 wrote:<.< I don't get why you can't just use the zipline mod. It's compatible with BTW, has everything you want, and doesn't add a heap of other useless crap.
A complete lack of communication from the mod author over a sizable period has people concerned it isn't getting updated.

Which is a very real concern because we can't just sit at 1.7.3 forever
SCIENCE!
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Magmarashi wrote: Which is a very real concern because we can't just sit at 1.7.3 forever
Hey that's what I was planning on doing D:
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Great for you?
SCIENCE!
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Great for FC and everyone else apparently
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1138
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Grimp, you're being ridiculous here.
Stop playin' the smart-ass, I know you're better than that.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

grimper12341 wrote:<.< I don't get why you can't just use the zipline mod. It's compatible with BTW, has everything you want, and doesn't add a heap of other useless crap.
A:has a bunch of other crap
B:looks buggy
C:second type of rope
D: I am a minimalist mod user.
E:what Magmarshi said
Magmarashi wrote: A complete lack of communication from the mod author over a sizable period has people concerned it isn't getting updated.

Which is a very real concern because we can't just sit at 1.7.3 forever
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

I stand corrected and admit I was wrong, you totally -can- just sit at 1.7.3 forever if that is your ~thing~.

However, you can't make everyone else bury their heads in the sand with you.
SCIENCE!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah ... we're gonna stop this here.